ABOUT INTERNATIONAL GITA MAHOTSAV
Shrimad Bhagavad Gita remains the ultimate guide to humanity through the philosophy of – Karma – Selfless Work. Gita Bhoomi Kurukshetra witnessed this lesson of life over five thousand years ago when Lord Krishna, as the Sarathi of Arjuna, awakened him to his duty on the land of Saraswati at Jyotisar during the Mahabharata. Bhagavad Gita is acknowledged as the universal lighthouse leading to the best spiritual enlightenment. There is no element or part of life which is not present in the Chants of Gita. Gita Bhoomi Kurukshetra invites you to witness the spectacle of Cultural and Spiritual events where people come from all parts of the world. International Gita Mahotsav is being celebrated from 07 December 2018 to 23 December 2018 this year.
Bhagawad Gita Jayanti Samaroh
Commemorate the birth of ‘Srimad Bhagwat Gita’, the sacred scripture containing invaluable advice of Lord Krishna that he proffered to Arjuna, the third Pandava in the battlefield of Kurukshetra on the first day of the famous 18-day battle in the Mahabharata
One of the greatest days in the history of mankind. Nearly 5152 years ago on that day a dazzling flash of brilliant lightning lit up the firmament of human civilization. That spiritual effulgence, that flash, was the message of the Bhagavad Gita, given by the Lord Himself on the battlefield of Kurukshetra. Unlike ordinary dashes of lightning which die away after dashing for ‘a split-second, this brilliant dash of that memorable day continued to shine through the centuries and even now illumines the path of humanity on its onward march to perfection.
The 11th day of the Shukla Paksha (waxing phase of moon) of Margashirsh month (November – December) as per traditional Lunar calendar i.e. the Shukla Paksha Ekadashi day of the Margashirsha month. celebrated by throughout world by all admirers and lovers of this sacred scripture “Bhagvad Gita”
Throughout world by all admirers and lovers of this sacred scripture “Bhagvad Gita”
- A craft fair is organized that lasts for about a week
- The people participate in yajna, Gita reading, bhajans, aartis, dance, dramas, etc.
- Over the years, the fair known as Gita Jayanti Samaroh has gained immense popularity and a large number of tourists & pilgrims visit Kurukshetra during the event to participate in this sacred gathering.
- Discussions and seminars by eminent scholars and Hindu priests to throw light upon the various facets of the holy book and its perennial influence on humankind for generations.
- Stage play and Gita chanting competitions are held for kids to show their talents as a way to encourage their interest in reading Gita.
leaflets, pamphlets and books containing the essence of Gita are distributed to the public.
- Kurukshetra Development Board,
- Haryana Tourism,
- District Administration,
- North Zone Cultural Centre, Patiala
- Information and Public Relations Department, Haryana.